Wednesday, August 18, 2021

JOYFUL WANDERING -- 73



+ It has been nearly 11 months since I posted the last Joyful Wandering post.  My intention is to offer these posts far more often from now on.

+ The photo above is from our recent trip to Eastern Long Island.  This one is from Riverhead where my parents met and lived in the 1930s.

+ I have worked with another version of these 8 QiGong verses and this method for more than 2 decades.  I think what I found today is a more illuminating version of the 8 verses and I like the ZhiMeng method from what I have read so far.  I do believe any method of QiGong is a powerful tool of energy harmonizing and the healing which can result from it.

+ The following is from today's Bowl of Saki (August 18) which I frequently turn to for powerful inspiration and illumination > 

At every step of evolution man's conception of good and bad, of right and wrong, changes. How does it change? Does he see more wrong or does he see less wrong as he evolves? One might naturally think that by virtue of one's evolution one would see more wrong, but that is not the case; the more one evolves the less wrong one sees, for then it is not always the action itself which counts, it is the motive behind it. Sometimes an action, apparently right, may be made wrong by the motive behind it. Sometimes an action, apparently wrong, may be right on account of its motive. Therefore although the ignorant are ready to form an opinion of another person's action, for the wise it is most difficult to form an opinion of the action of another.

The Daily Bowl of Saki is always something from the writings of the great Sufi teacher Hazrat Inayat Khan who came to the USA about 100 years ago and founded a Sufi center which his son and grandson have led.

https://wahiduddin.net/ is where you will find all of the Bowl of Saki posts and far more.

+ My cousin Evelyn has told me about an upcoming workshop on "a rare mindfulness practice & teaching from the Himalayan Siddha tradition taught by meditation-master HH Swami Vidyadhishananda." Go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-to-breathe-and-still-the-mind-tickets-166092187203 for detailed information.

No comments: