Wednesday, January 28, 2009

AMAZING JOURNEY -- AJ1

+ This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

+ Breathe deeply. Breathe fully. Be still. Be silent. Be centered. Be grounded. Lighten up. Loosen up. Let go. Let God. Celebrate. Enjoy. Be glad all over.

+ This is a new beginning of an experimental project, the abundancetrek.


+ We are on an amazing journey filled with
abundance, joy, wisdom, beauty, love, truth, peace, justice and freedom.

+ We are intimately, intricately and infinitely connected by a matrix of unconditional, unlimited and uniting love which is miraculous, mysterious and marvelous.

+ This experiment has a history. An important part of this amazing journey is in the past. I expect to experience many new amazing events in the future. There is nothing more important than the experience of the now and here.

+ I invite you to join me on this amazing journey, this experiment in abundancetrekking, at any point along the way.

+ Simply wandering around is a style I embrace but I know you may need some sense of direction, some connecting themes. Here are a few in no particular order. Maybe I will develop an order in a future AJ post:

  1. Centering Prayer & Lectio Divina, I keep coming back to the image of the Burning Buish for my centering along with a sacred word I have chosen or it chose me! I will not reveal that word to anyone.
  2. Wisdom from many, many, many sources including the Perennial Philosophy of Mysticism as taught by the sages of the ages from all over the planet; New Thought; Esoteric Christianity; Progressive Christianity; Taoism; Native American Spirituality; Sufism; A Course in Miracles; The Chakras; Jungian Personality Types,
  3. Star Trek
  4. Baseball
  5. Sustainable Abundance
  6. Art & Music
  7. The Weather
  8. Global & US Politics
  9. Current Events
  10. History
  11. Geography
  12. Family & Friends
  13. Coffee
  14. Connections Galore
  15. Paying Attention
  16. MORE TO COME IN FUTURE AJ POSTS

+ It has been snowing all day but the accumulation has not been great.

+ Stillness is an essential practice on the amazing journey. The journey becomes more and more amazing as we become more and more disciplined at simply being still. Erich Schiffmann, a fantastic Yoga teacher, offers remarkable wisdom at his website: Moving Into Stillness. Moving Into Stillness is the name of his book which is available in print and at Moving Into Stillness.

+ Did I say coffee? Time for another cup! Then I will be completely still for a little while. I will report back.

+ I let go and enjoyed being still. My mind wandered a lot but that's OK!

No comments: