Saturday, January 31, 2009

AMAZING JOURNEY -- AJ4


+ The Amazing Journey continues. +
Breathe. + Pray.

+ The
Daily Lectionary readings include this verse: "Listen to me, my people, and give heed to me, my nation; for a teaching will go out from me, and my justice for a light to the peoples." -- Isaiah 50:4

+ In
DailyZen today Zen Master Hui-neng (638-713) reminds us that wisdom and meditation are one and the same. Meditation means centering. Wisdom can only be realized in the act of centering.

+ We are all seekers of
wisdom. St. Paul reminds us that God's foolishness exceeds human wisdom. We need to seek God's wisdom and the only way to do that is to engage in the spiritual practices. A Course in Miracles says that we are all required to take the course. The only free will we have is the decision to take it now or take it later. I recommend now! The course is not a book. The course is within you, within me, within us. The sages of the ages all teach us the same basic truths. No matter where we are on the journey of life, we can always become one with God instantly when we master the spiritual practices taught by the sages.

There are so many wonderful teachers of
wisdom. Here are a few I like: Jesus, Buddha, Moses, Mohammad, Plato, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Paul, Lao-Tse, The Desert Fathers & Mothers, Rumi, Hafiz, John Calvin, Karl Jung, Nikos Kazantzakis, Aldous Huxley, Alan Watts, William Sloane Coffin, Ken Keyes, Daskalos, Helen Shucman, James Redfield, Caroline Myss, Elizabeth Lesser, John Biersdorf, Sallie McFague, Susan Jeffers, Joseph Naft, Shunryu Suzuki, Erich Schiffmann, Lama Surya Das, Karen Armstrong, Peter Russell, Walter Wink, Daniel Migliore, Diarmuid O'Murchu, Harrell Beck, Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, Desmond Tutu, Marcus Borg, Bill Hudson, Don Postema, Mark Davidson, John Preston, Ted Blunk, Cheryl Little, John Kloepfer, Family & Friends.

Either later today or in future AJ posts, I'm sure more names will be added.

+ I often ponder the wisdom offered at
The Church of I am. I hope you will visit this "church" too. It definitely enriches me as I continue to enjoy this amazing journey. You may find this "church" beneficial to you on your amazing journey.

No comments: