Monday, March 15, 2021

THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH: OUR AMAZING JOURNEY March 2021


+ Thank you for reading this first edition of THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH: OUR AMAZING JOURNEY.

THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH:
OUR AMAZING JOURNEY

March 2021

+ My Amazing Journey has moved me from envisioning THE NEW CHURCH FOR THE NEW AGE to a significant change.  I am now envisioning THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH.  There is a book which inspired me to change THE NEW CHURCH to THE NEW FAITH and there is a book which inspired me to change THE NEW AGE to THE NEW EARTH.  The books are: The Future of Faith by Harvey Cox and A New Earth by a Eckhart Tolle.  The links will take you to the Spirituality and Practice book reviews for these two great books.

 

OK, there is one more book I must mention here, a book which I suspect is rather familiar to you: THE BIBLE. In the Bible, the prophets tell us that God is "doing a new thing." In both testaments we are told that there will be or already are "new heavens and a new earth."

 

I identify myself as a Christian but I now must identify myself more precisely as a Progressive Christian. All too many people who identify themselves as "Christian" these days simply do not share many of the values I hold dear.  I affirm the Eight Points of Progressive Christianity which were created by many Progressive Christians working with Progressive Christianity.org which was previously called The Center for Progressive Christianity.  I also like Our Vision of Progressive Christian Spirituality: The shape and substance of a new Christianity for the twenty-first century by Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat of  Spirituality and Practice.

 

I identify even more precisely as InterSpiritual.  This means I know that I now live on a planet where the wisdom traditions of all of humanity are intermingling like never before and I embrace this with all my mind, heart, body and soul.  Something new and different is happening and I choose to say YES to whatever this "new thing" is.

 

There have been InterSpiritual teachers for millennia but now we are in an era when more and more people are claiming this path in new ways.  So, I intend to share a variety of wisdom and practices associated with this wonderful path.  I hope you will join me on this Amazing Journey.  I see it as an adventure, even a risky adventure for those fiercely determined to join together to dramatically increase compassion, peace, justice and sustainable abundance for all.

 

So, my friends, I really don't know what THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH is and I am sure I will never be able to put it in words.  One word that does come to mind is “mystic.” That brings me to Wayne Teasdale.  I hope you will follow that link to the Spirituality and Practice pages on this amazing teacher of InterSpiritual wisdom and practices.  He coined the term "Interspiritual."  In a chapter in A Monk In The World he identified eight teachers who explored this path and inspired him to explore it.  They are:  Thomas MertonAbhishiktanandaBede GriffithsAmmachiRaimon PanikkarDavid Steindl-RastThich Nhat Hanh and Zalman Schachter-Shalomi. I don’t know why he did not include Thomas Keating because I know he was immensely inspired by him and was a close colleague and friend. 

 

+ My amazing journey has included for most of my life a growing interest in the wisdom and practices of other religions and cultures.  Since 1975 I have been a Minister of the Word and Sacraments of The Presbyterian Church (USA).  Since 2017 I have been a InterSpiritual Mentor certified by the Spiritual Paths Institute.  What a wonderful journey this is.  It gets better all the time.  And where would I be without my fantastic family and friends and spiritual companions? I intend to share more of my amazing journey in future editions. But you don’t have to wait!  You can see a lot about me at the website I have worked on since 1999 > Abundancetrek.com, and the blogs I have offered for almost as long > The Abundancetrek Blog and The John A Wilde Blog.

 

+ You can find the numbered #TNFFTNE posts on Twitter or Facebook. The first 32 are below. I keep adding to them. You might not agree with all of them but I am sure you will agree with some of them and hopefully be informed, inspired, illuminated and even transformed by one or more.  I try to offer #TNFFTNE posts which get to the heart of what THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH is all about.  Humanity is evolving and we are now in an era of an awakening to something new and different.  I am trying to understand it and describe it as best as I can.  I hope you are also doing this and I hope you will share your wisdom.  I look forward to your contributions in future editions.  Yes, YOU.  You are wonderful.  You are amazing. 

 

+ Are you interested in having me or another mentor be an InterSpiritual Mentor offering you guidance, encouragement and information as we share this amazing journey?  Please visit the Spiritual Paths Institute website.  Here is a link to the page with mentor information.


+ Here is a link to THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH Facebook Group

++++++++++++

 

The numbered #TNFFTNE posts >

as of 3/15/21

 

#TNFFTNE 1 > The New Faith for the New Earth > #tnfftne is essential for all creation > #tnfftne is an idea whose time has come (again).  Ideas go round and round.  They come.  They go.  They come again. so #TNFFTNE is not a new idea but it is as old as life itself.

 

#TNFFTNE 2 > THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH is now here and you are an essential participant right now.  You know what it is as well as I do because we are one.

 

#TNFFTNE 3 > THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH unites all creatures everywhere with this CREDO > We are intimately, intricately, infinitely connected to a matrix of unconditional, unlimited, uniting Love which is miraculous, mysterious and marvelous.

 

#TNFFTNE 4 > THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH is: non-hierarchical, free, open, loving, caring, compassionate, healing, energizing, inclusive, humble, non-judgmental, fun, creative, yours, mine.

 

#TNFFTNE 5 > THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH is happening now.  It is essential.  You know when you see it.  It is all of us creating more and more Compassion, Peace, Justice and Sustainable Abundance.  You can consider more ideas at http://abundancetrek.com

 

#TNFFTNE 6 > Since THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH is mysterious, it is hard to describe.  Actually it is impossible to describe.  But we have clues.  I have a take on what #tnfftne is and that's what I am writing about.  Sometimes I will be right and sometimes I will be wrong.

 

#TNFFTNE 7 > THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH is open to correction, revision, new ideas, new visions, new possibilities, new directions.  Let us all be open and committed to discovering new ways to create more compassion, peace, justice and sustainable abundance for all.

 

#TNFFTNE 8 > we are creating the new faith for the new earth which is creating #compassion, peace, justice and sustainable abundance for all breath after breath.

 

#TNFFTNE 9 > we are creating the new faith for the new earth which is creating #compassion, peace, justice and sustainable #abundance for all thought after thought after thought.

 

#TNFFTNE 10 > In the essential practice of #stillness you discover who you are, your purpose, your message, your path and there is simply no other way for you learn that. http://abundancetrek.com/stillness.html

 

#TNFFTNE 11 > The New Faith for The New Earth is essential for all creation. Humanity is evolving rapidly now so now is the time to create far more compassion, peace, justice & sustainable abundance throughout the planet.

 

#TNFFTNE 12 > It is simply urgent that we embrace the #GELF, the Great Evolutionary Leap Forward.

 

#TNFFTNE 13 > So far this hashtag has not gone beyond me but the day will come. Why? Because whether people know it or not, we are all creating THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH + http://abundancetrek.com

 

#TNFFTNE 14 > We need to learn as much as we can about how to be effective in our efforts to create more compassion, peace, justice and sustainable abundance here, there and everywhere.

 

#TNFFTNE 15 > "When (people of all the religions) ... open ... to the transcendent mystery, going beyond word, beyond thought, simply opening themselves to the light, to the truth, to reality, then meeting takes place. That is where humanity will be united.” -- Bede Griffiths

 

#TNFFTNE 16 > It is such a battle to be myself. It is an essential battle because being myself is absolutely required by divine decree. This is how I contribute something essential to the universe.

 

#TNFFTNE 17 > Connections are everywhere just waiting for you to notice them and become blissful in this awareness.

 

#TNFFTNE 18 > “The voyage of discovery is not seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” -- Marcel Proust + This is one of the Quotes of the Moment at The Church of I AM > The Spirit of Now

peterrussell.com

 

#TNFFTNE 19 > We must move beyond the narrow confines of our nations, our denominations, our religions, our cultures, our opinions, our beliefs, even our perceptions of reality.

 

#TNFFTNE 20 > The New Faith for the New Earth is only created when there is an abundance of stillness in your life. In stillness you discover who you are, your purpose, your message, your path and there is simply no other way for you to learn that. + http://abundancetrek.com/stillness.html

 

#TNFFTNE 21 > The universe is a free lunch but finding the restaurant that serves it is often tricky.

 

#TNFFTNE 22 > There is stuff going on in your mind right now which is far more amazing than what you are thinking right now.

 

#TNFFTNE 23 > Breathe deeply. Breathe fully. Be still. Be silent. Be centered. Be grounded. Lighten up. Loosen up. Let go. Let God. Celebrate. Enjoy. Be glad all over! Something wonderful is happening. This is bliss.

 

#TNFFTNE 24 > The New Faith for the New Earth is growing by Leaps and Bounds. Be awake, aware and connected and you can't miss it.  This is bliss.  This is a Great Evolutionary Leap Forward.  This is growing compassion, peace, justice and sustainable abundance for all.

 

#TNFFTNE 25 > Here is a great series of meditations on creating a New Story > https://cac.org/themes/a-new-story/ + This is what The New Faith for the New Earth is all about and we are growing.  Compassion, Peace, Justice and Sustainable Abundance for all.

 

#TNFFTNE 26 > “Humility is the awareness that there’s a lot you don’t know and that a lot of what you think you know is distorted or wrong.” ― David Brooks, The Road to Character

 

#TNFFTNE 27 > “We are participants in a vast community of being, and if we open ourselves to its guidance, we can learn anew how to live in this great and gracious community of truth.” — Parker Palmer in Let Your Life Speak

 

#TNFFTNE 28 > Tune into this moment. Isn’t it wonderful?  See. Hear. Touch. Taste. Smell. Feel.  Remember.  Imagine. Breathe. Pray.  Create.  Connect.

 

#TNFFTNE 29 > “There comes a time when humanity is called to shift to a new level of consciousness, to reach a higher moral ground. A time when we have to shed our fear and give hope to each other.​” -- Wangari Maathai

 

#TNFFTNE 30 > “I wish I could show you, when you are lonely, when you are in darkness, the astonishing light of your own being.” – Hafiz

 

#TNFFTNE 31 > "Humankind, full of all creative possibilities, is God’s work. Humankind alone is called to assist God. Humankind is called to co-create. With nature’s help, humankind can set into creation all that is necessary and life-sustaining." -- Hildegard of Bingen

 

#TNFFTNE 32 > "My religion is kindness ... I'd rather be kind than right ... You can always be kind." --  Tenzin Gyatso, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama

 

++++++++++++

No comments: