Saturday, January 2, 2010

COFFEE BREAK 112

+ updated at 5:33pm EST

+ Recently, Mary & I enjoyed viewing Paris, a French film which highlights the themes of Attention and Being Present according to the Spirituality and Practice review of this fine film.

+ I finished reading The Lost Symbol by controversial novelist Dan Brown.  I liked it even though the gruesome parts were entirely too gruesome.  I really appreciate his knowledge of symbols and his devotion to the Perennial Philosophy, or Mysticism.  An LA Times book review misses the mark completely only focusing on the plot and not the philosophy.  But here's something good:  "Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol: What is True?" posted by Shelf Talk: Your Seattle Public Library at Seattle Blogs.

I may add to this post or come back to this in another post.  Let me know if you are interested in exploring the meaning of The Lost Symbol.

No comments: