Wednesday, September 2, 2009

WE NEED TO STOP THE GAME OF MY RELIGION IS BETTER THAN YOUR RELIGION

I am taking an internet course on The Essence of the Qur'an. Today we are dealing with the need to witness to our faith. Here's what I posted on the Forum:

I am so frustrated with my fellow Christians who won't even acknowledge that Allah is simply another name for God. The ignorance and intolerance is sinful. But there I go judging again!

On forums of all kinds I try to tell Christians and Moslems and others that we need to stop playing this dangerous game of My Religion is Better Than Your Religion or, even worse, my religion is the only true religion and yours is of the devil. We have played this game within Christianity too.

My point is that if those who believe in God could get our act together, those who are agnostic and atheistic would become more interested in our faith communities.

No comments: