Wednesday, July 1, 2009

COFFEE BREAK 29

+ I am extremely disappointed in Representative Mike Arcuri, my Representative in Congress. He voted against the historic energy bill (Waxman-Markey) last week. Even though the Democrats have a huge majority, the bill needed Republican votes to pass. Fortunately eight Republicans voted courageously and wisely for the bill and it squeaked through by the slim margin of 219-212. Soon the Senate will act and I hope that they too will pass this historic legislation so that we can begin to reduce the carbon emissions which are causing destructive climate change.

+ I enjoyed the Al Franken talk show immensely and have missed his knowledge and wisdom and humor. Now he has finally been declared the winner of the disputed Minnesota Senate race and will soon be a US Senator. I think he may be one of the best Senators ever.

+ I am eager to add suggested links or your knowledge & wisdom to this or a future Coffee Break. You can comment below or send a message to me at facebook.com/abundancetrek or twitter.com/abundancetrek.

No comments: